KEEPING ASPHALT ROADS AND DRIVEWAYS SAFE
Winter’s arrival often brings joy to those who love snow, but it can be a challenging time for asphalt surfaces. Snow and ice can wreak havoc on roads, parking lots, and driveways, causing cracks, potholes, and other damage. Asphalt companies play a crucial role in ensuring the safety and functionality of these surfaces during snowy weather. @Bradley Asphalt, we perform repairs in snow and our services are essential for maintaining safe and reliable roadways.
The Challenges of Snowy Weather
Before delving into the specifics of asphalt repairs in snowy weather, it’s important to understand the unique challenges posed by winter conditions:
Snow and Ice Accumulation: Snow and ice can accumulate on asphalt surfaces, making them slippery and hazardous for both vehicles and pedestrians.
Freeze-Thaw Cycles: As temperatures fluctuate between freezing and thawing, water can seep into existing cracks and expand when it freezes, causing further damage.
Snowplows and De-Icing Agents: Snowplows and the application of de-icing agents like road salt can accelerate asphalt deterioration, leading to more extensive repairs.
How We, @BradleyAsphalt, Tackle Repairs in Snow
- Inspection and Assessment: We begin by conducting a thorough inspection of the affected area, identifying existing issues, and assessing the extent of the damage. This step is crucial for determining the most appropriate repair methods.
- Snow Removal: The first practical step is to remove snow and ice from the affected asphalt surface. This allows us to get a clear view of the damage and ensures that repair materials adhere properly.
- Temporary Repairs: In some cases, temporary repairs may be necessary to address immediate safety concerns. These repairs can include filling potholes and patching cracks to prevent further damage during the winter.
- Cold-Mix Asphalt: Cold-mix asphalt is a versatile repair material that can be used effectively in cold temperatures. Bradley Asphalt uses this material to fill cracks and potholes, providing a durable solution that can withstand winter conditions.
- Hot Asphalt Mix: For more extensive repairs or situations where hot asphalt is necessary, we can employ specialized equipment to heat and apply the mix even in cold weather. This ensures a long-lasting repair that can withstand harsh winter conditions.
- Sealcoating: Applying a seal coat after repairs can provide an added layer of protection against moisture, snow, ice, and road salt. It helps extend the life of the asphalt surface and minimizes future damage.
Why a Good Contractor is Essential
- Safety: Properly repaired and maintained asphalt surfaces ensure safe and reliable transportation, reducing the risk of accidents caused by slippery or damaged roads.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Timely repairs and maintenance can prevent minor issues from escalating into costly reconstruction projects.
- Longevity: Regular maintenance by asphalt companies helps extend the lifespan of asphalt surfaces, saving property owners money in the long run.
- Minimized Liability: Property owners and municipalities can reduce their liability by addressing asphalt issues promptly and maintaining safe roadways.
Asphalt companies play a vital role in ensuring the safety and functionality of asphalt surfaces during snowy weather. Their expertise, equipment, and knowledge of appropriate repair materials make them essential partners in maintaining and repairing roads, parking lots, and driveways. By addressing #asphalt issues promptly and effectively, these companies contribute to safer and more durable surfaces, even in the harshest winter conditions.