When you consider that most busy road surfaces are paved with #asphalt, it’s no surprise to read that new asphalt driveways are the most popular choice for homeowners.
Asphalt paving offers so many benefits for driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, basketball courts and walkways. Here are some interesting facts about asphalt paving surfaces:
April 19, 2021
- Safety – Asphalt offers a surface that is high skid resistant for vehicles. It also offers a very safe non slip walking surface for pedestrians. Because of the dark color, asphalt can easily be marked for roads, parking lots and walkways offering better visibility for drivers in any weather conditions. Asphalt is non reflective, reducing glare for drivers. Your asphalt paving will also melt snow more rapidly than other pavement types. Asphalt can also reduce spray and splash during rainstorms on highways.
- Smoothness – Asphalt offers a uniform surface which is easier to drive on and walk on. There is no question that smooth roads and walkways are safer to drive on and can prevent people from tripping and falling. Uneven surfaces diminish driver control and increase fatigue. Smooth road surfaces help with fuel economy and create superior contact with vehicle tires.
- Cost-Effective – Smooth road surfaces extend the life of your vehicle and help to prevent damage and wear and tear on your car. Asphalt roads can be built quickly, cost-effectively and are easier to maintain and repair over time.
- Quiet – With cities growing so quickly and houses being built along these major highways, noise reduction is always an issue. Asphalt surfaces can reduce highway noise which is a great benefit to homeowners and store owners within close proximity to highways and major roads.
- Less Disruption – Asphalt road preparation is very efficient and can be done one lane at a time. This is very useful in cities where traffic cannot be stopped. Projects can be completed in one day or overnight saving taxpayers thousands of dollars and reducing congestion through speedy construction. This is the best scenario for store owners, restaurants and homeowners minimizing the inconvenience to clients.
- Environmentally friendly– Asphalt is 100% recyclable and the most recycled product in America. The asphalt industry reuses and recycles 100 million tons of asphalt pavement a year, saving taxpayers over $2 billion annually. Asphalt also requires 20% less energy to produce and construct than other pavement materials. Post-consumer waste such as used tires and shingles can also be reused in new asphalt pavement, reducing landfill space and conserving natural resources.
- Attractive– Asphalt paving is one of the most attractive surfaces to have around. It can offer great curb appeal to homeowners and can increase the value of your property greatly. A new road is an investment in the appearance of our communities and in the safety of our citizens. Asphalt pavements have no built-in, unsightly cracks. They blend with and enhance the natural surroundings.
- Durable – Asphalt pavements offer many, many years of good use due to their flexibility and ease of repair. Asphalt only needs periodic maintenance to remain in good shape indefinitely.
When you take into consideration all the above benefits, there is no other choice for your driveway, sports surface or parking lot. Call us @BradelyAsphalt for a free estimate and we will come out and answer any questions you may have. We would be happy to give you a gorgeous, safe asphalt driveway.
4973 E Collinsville Pl
Highlands Ranch, CO 80130
Denver Office: 303-467-0631
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
We’re rated A+ by Better Business Bureau; Bradley Asphalt Services – Denver Asphalt.