A NEW ASPHALT DRIVEWAY OR AN OVERLAY BEFORE WINTER?
It’s important to assess the condition of your asphalt driveway before the cold winter weather hits us.
- Cracks and Potholes: If your driveway has extensive cracks, potholes, or severe deterioration, replacement might be necessary to prevent further damage and ensure safety.
- Drainage Issues: Poor drainage can lead to water pooling on the surface and undermining the asphalt’s stability. If your driveway has persistent drainage problems, a replacement could be a solution.
- Age and Wear: Asphalt driveways typically last around 15-20 years with proper maintenance. If your driveway is approaching or has exceeded its expected lifespan, replacement might be a more cost-effective long-term solution.
- Surface Roughness: If the surface has become uneven, bumpy, or rough due to wear and tear, a replacement can provide a smoother and more functional driving surface.
- Weather Considerations: If you’re planning to replace your driveway before winter, make sure you have enough time to complete the project and allow the new asphalt to cure properly before colder weather arrives.
- Consultation: It’s advisable to consult with professionals who specialize in driveway installation and repair. They can assess the condition of your current driveway and provide recommendations based on your specific situation.
- Maintenance: After replacement, proper maintenance is key to prolonging the lifespan of your new asphalt driveway. Regular sealing, crack filling, and drainage management can help prevent premature deterioration.
Ultimately, the decision to replace your asphalt driveway should be based on a thorough assessment of its condition and your specific needs. If you’re unsure, it’s a good idea to consult with experts who can provide personalized advice based on your situation. We offer many options to repair or replace your asphalt paving. We @BradleyAsphalt would come out and give you a free estimate and advise whether you need to replace or overlay your driveway.
Call us for help: Cell (303) 947-7484
Call Us For A Free Estimate